Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Class Wiki - So Far

As part of my contribution I plan to add "Wikipedia in Education" under the education section since that aspect has been a major part of my research paper. The education page already includes Youtube and Twitter use in college and what a better way to add to it than the online encyclopedia accessed by about 398 million individual users per year. I also plan to add to the New Media in Gaming. With the holiday seasons in full effect I've been personally asked for advice from a few friends of mine of what system they should get for themselves or someone else. The factors included the quality of console hardware, the games provided, and surprisingly more important, the amount of people they know who have the same console. This compels me to research current generation gaming systems and compare them in-depth to what their strengths and weaknesses are and what their significant packages offer. In addition to proprietary gaming consoles I will include the PC since console gaming has been attempting to emulate the dynamics of the PC from almost all facets including but not limited to: graphics benchmarking, exploration and discovery of new genres due to enhancements in computing technology, and versatility of common I/O devices. I believe this addition will firmly define console gamings purpose in utilizing new media formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment